Tattoo quotes are meaningful Chinese sayings or wise words that could convey something important for you; memories, consolation or motivation. Chinese sayings are sought after because they are drawn from a five thousands years old civilization whose philosophy and poetry carry deep a connection to life. Confucianism, Taoism or Buddhism are an inexhaustible source of inspiration.
The quotes often consist of five or more Chinese characters (symbols); they are thus longer than most proverbs.
Defining your tattoo project involves at least two very important steps:
- choosing the subject of your tattoo (many examples are given below);
- choosing the Chinese calligraphy style.
The artist designer Ngan Siu-Mui will provide the proper Chinese translation, if required, which is a very important and delicate step; she will then submit a design for your approval. The suggested design will, of course, take into account the position of the tattoo on your body and all the numerous elements that have to be harmoniously combined to insure that your tattoo will be a unique artistic composition.
Examples of tattoo proverbs, meaningful phrases and words.
- Failure is the mother of success
- Never too late to mend
- I would die for speaking out, but would not to live in silence
- The weather changes by the moment, so does your destiny
- Be comfortable for what one encounters (4 characters)
- Listen to both sides and be enlightened; listen to one side and be left in the dark
- New things are exciting; old friends are warm
- Knowing the world without leaving one's own home
- Reading enriches your mind; conversation makes you wise
- Beauty lies in a lover's eyes
- The world is large, its beauty is beyond words
- Achieve inner peace and deep understanding
- Perseverance Quotes Tattoos
- When you stumble or fall, you gain experience and wisdom
- Wisdom comes from experience
- Build your character through training and discipline
- Nothing is impossible so long as there are willing hearts
- Respect your principle, don't bow to money
- Gold cannot buy time
- Experience is the forerunner of wisdom
- Good behaviors are better than principles
- Deliberate inaction is better than blind action